Wednesday, June 8, 2011

flower garden card and some new craft items

Cool way to view the blog ^^ http://garmidesign.blogspot.com/view/sidebar

It's been a very long time but I finally made some cards, I made a cupcake card which I'll post about next week ^^ and I also made a flower card! The idea came from one of the new books I bought called Paper Pop Up (Dorothy Wood). This is one of the cards where the inside is the main attraction.

I really love that stamp in the top left corner!! I'm going to write the message around the edge, usually don't make cards where the inside is so elaborate!!

I have to say, I'm a bit sick of cutting out flowers at the moment, I cut out around 6 and only used 3 because the original flowers were too big and then I chose some that were too small >.<

(outside)

The card took a lot of cutting and glueing, so not sure when I'll re-attempt it, I'll see what ideas I can think of using the pop-up strips like that.

Items used:
  • Paper: Fiskars 'heidi grace designs' Garden Flowers Decor
  • Stamps: Black flourish from grace taylor 1242 fancy corner; daisy with sentiments from kaiserscrapbook CS701 Flowers; small flowers from packs from Paper Xtra and SandyLion
  • Ink: Versa Color 24 Opera Pink; Bazzinks black; Dew Drop Brilliance Pearlescent sky blue & orchid & thyme
  • Also some rhinestones and foam stickers

Craft shopping ;)

The week's just started and I've already gone shopping *sigh* but the good thing is I finished buying some birthday gifts for some upcoming events :) but onto the craftiness and cookingness!

Some more paper tape "washi tape", they still had the same designs I bought previously.


Ribbon lace - on sale from Riot!


Scrapbook paper (29c each at Riot!, and some of these were double-sided too!) The two on the right have non-straight edges.


From Big W, I bought this set of plain coloured cards, they were $5 down from $15 for a damaged box and I checked that all the cards were still there =D although some of the envelopes had little creases!


Some green string, good for tying gifts and also Chinese knotting.

Cake decorator


Nori (seaweed puncher) - I've been looking for one of these!!! ^^ although I actually only noticed this because it was on the wrong hook


And here are some bikkies that my aunt brought from Disneyland for us!~

No comments:

Post a Comment