Sunday, May 27, 2012

Books and things!

Kinokuniya were having a big big sale which I finally checked out!

Last week I received an e-mail that the sale stock was reduced to $5 but I couldn't make it till yesterday when it was further reduced to $2 lol!! Of course after several weekends the good stuff was definitely gone, oh boogers :(

But still, at $2, you can't resist looking through the tables ^^

I also wanted to double check another art/design book I've been meaning to buy, there are two versions and I was checking whether the cheaper/smaller one was worth it, so you know... I had another reason to be there!

Anyway, I whittled it down to a round $10 figure i.e. I bought 5 items!



Picked this one up in the design section, it's pretty old now, over ten years but it had some interesting content and the designs didn't look too much like they were following trends. Yeah, figured out I should always checking the published date first as some of the design books at the Basement are getting on in the years too, though there are still many gems floating around there!


I also grabbed a random Chinese magazine that featured KPOP artists, it was a toss up between two that mentioned Big Bang and I think I chose the wrong one, a short article with them :(



Some Evangelion postcards, set of 6, looks like I need a new photo frame again >.<


Nothing much in the comics section but I picked up a cute one for kids about a pair of animals that didn't make it onto the ark, reminds me of that Sabrina the Teenage Witch episode (yes, what an old show but I got re-obsessed with it and watched about 4 and a half seasons in one go)... anyways, Christmas is about to be cancelled forever in the memory of the world if Sabrina doesn't fix it up... like Salem who accidentally got rid of Kwanza (yes, what is Kwanza...??)


My friend gave me a voucher for Christmas and when I went to peruse Kino, I wanted to get a felt cake book but I saw those Asian magazines that gave a freebie every month e.g. little bags and things, I asked my felt cake expert friend (Tiff) about it and she said that the quality of the freebies wasn't that great and I should buy them only when Kino was reducing the price to get them off the floor. There were magazines with charms, creams, toys and one with a little bag which I picked up.





The annoying thing is, the box is part of the magazine so if you were to keep it, it's a waste of space. The fashion inside was pretty staple, nothing flashy so you could wear those pieces over the years. (The magazine was from 2010!) The bag itself was very cute but the inside was made of that cheap material they use on those "wind jackets" that don't keep out the cold! I like my Espirit bag better which I got as a kid and I still occasionally use!



I also went to the Basement and picked up this Asian cookbook, since I can finally compare prices I foudn Basement did have the cheapest price! Also picked up a design gift for my friend which I obviously can't show ;) and this cute little egg recipe book, hehe...


P.S. Here is the book I did buy with the voucher ;) Though it was about two months ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment