Saturday, January 14, 2012

Twinkies and such!

Have you heard of Twinkie Chan?? She's an amazing crocheter (is that a word?) who makes very cute food related crocheted items, though she is known for making some delicious eye candy scarves! She started an online store around 2005 and has gathered a following, probably from a first glance at her products!

I first came across her when I was looking at the Shana Logic store (amazing site, btw), I used to find super cute wallpapers off her other site and knew she also sold items on the side, but one time I looked at the store again, it had really grown from its humble roots and then I came across the most beautiful watermelon scarf, though I didn't really look into it's creator Twinkie Chan until later.

Pic from kaboodle.com
 Anyway, yesterday I found she was holding a competition to win some really cute crocheted goodies, so this is really just another entry for me (to tell the truth)! But also an introduction to her very (very very veRRYYY) cool online store.


The funny thing is... I also bought her book today!!! XD I wasn't sure if I would, since I'm not really good at crochet yet, actually, I can't crochet, but couldn't pass up on the cuteness of the book. Which is the same thing that happened when I bought Gourmet Crochet lol!!

And here's the book with Gourmet Crochet and a selection of my other knitting/crochet books in the background.

 I also bought a book called "DK: The Ultimate book of cooking hints and tips" by Christine France, seems like a pretty cool book though my camera batteries felt like dying before I could take a photo!

Some random egg-related crochet finds, since this is a crochet post lol!

http://photobucket.com/images/cute%20egg/

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76298530/green-yoshi-egg-cute-amigurumi-plush?ref=cat1_gallery_2

P.S. You should enter her competition too ;) - Closes Friday 20th January!

No comments:

Post a Comment